West Bromwich Albion Football Club, The Hawthorns, Birmingham Road, West Bromwich, B71 4LF
BY RAIL OR METRO
The Stadium is accessible from the Hawthorns train and Metro station only.
- Take the national train line into Birmingham New Street
- Change for a local train or Metro to The Hawthorns from Snow Hill Station, which is a five-minute walk from Birmingham New Street.
Buses from across the West Midlands stop on the doorstep of The Hawthorns.
Transport for West Midlands, the region's public transport provider, has timetables for all these services on its website. Just click here for the Transport for West Midlands website.
For an alternative route for those travelling northbound on the M5 avoiding Junction 1
(1) From M5 junction 1, and West Bromwich
- Take the A41 East, sign posted Birmingham City Centre.
- The stadium is visible immediately after the motorway island is cleared, and stands about 600 metres to the Birmingham side of junction 1 on the right hand side.
(2) From Birmingham
- Follow the A41 West towards the M5 junction 1
- The stadium will be located on your left-hand side.
(1) From M5,
- Leave at junction 1 and on the roundabout take the exit signposted A41 Birmingham.
- Join the right hand lane on the A41
- For the West Stand / EPPP turn right onto Halfords Lane (next to Greggs)
- For the East Stand, after the first set of traffic lights there will be a McDonalds on your left and The Hawthorns on your right
- Turn right through the gates on to the East Stand Car Park
If you are heading north on the M5 and would like to avoid Junction 1, click here to open google maps at Junction 2 of the M5 to plan your route.
Metro service suspended for repairs
Albion supporters are reminded the West Midlands Metro service – including lines to and from The Hawthorns – is suspended until further notice in order to implement repairs.
West Midlands Metro confirmed earlier this month the line would be closed in both directions from Saturday, November 13.
Replacement bus and train services are in operation with Metro tickets and passes valid on the alternative modes of transport detailed below:
- National Express bus service 74 between West Bromwich and Birmingham
- National Express bus service 79 between Wolverhampton and West Bromwich
- National Express bus service 16 between Birmingham city centre and Handsworth Wood
- National Express bus service 101 between Birmingham city centre and Winson Green/Jewellery Quarter/Handsworth
- ALL train services between Wolverhampton/Hawthorns and Birmingham
For more information on the suspension of Metro services, click here.
WBA Training Ground, Carrington's Way, 430 Birmingham Road, Walsall, WS5 3LQ
From M6 junction 7 take the A34 north towards Walsall. The Training Ground is located on your left approximately 1 mile from the junction, adjacent to Aston University Recreation Centre.
Tame Bridge Parkway is located 2.2 miles from the Training Ground.
West Bromwich Albion Academy, EPPP Building, Halfords Lane, West Bromwich, B71 4LG
The Academy is located on Halfords Lane, just a short walk from The Hawthorns Stadium, adjacent to Sandwell Academy School. Directions to The Hawthorns can be found above.